Ticket #2003 (closed bug: fixed)

Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

Resources should have titles that are human readable and editable

Reported by: deyan Owned by: mira
Priority: critical Milestone: M12_RELEASE
Component: uncategorized Version: 2.0
Keywords: feedback Cc:
Category: unknown Effort:
Importance: Ticket_group:
Estimated Number of Hours: 0 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Billable?: yes Total Hours: 0
Analysis_owners: deyan Design_owners: mira
Imp._owners: mira Test_owners: vanya
Analysis_reviewers: mira Changelog:
Design_reviewers: meddle Imp._reviewers: meddle, todor
Test_reviewers: Analysis_score: 3.5
Design_score: 3.5 Imp._score: 3.5
Test_score: 4

Description

Resources in resources palette should have human readable titles. These titles should be editable in the Resources tab and there should be listed their unique ID.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by deyan

  • Status changed from new to s1b_analysis_finished

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by deyan

  • "Also the resources tab wasn't clear. There were some of my text and images in that tab but were renamed to something I didn't know."

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by mira

  • Design_owners set to mira
  • Status changed from s1b_analysis_finished to s2a_design_started

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by mira

All resources should have title key. It is moved from the BookR4 to ResourceR4. All palettes should show it not the actual name which is not human readable.

All huds that display elements should display their titles. The combo boxes should be made to hold ResourceH. To display getTitle and when submited use the resource ref.

There should be a way to get unique default titles. Metod for getting unique
titles should be added to ResourceUtil. It will keep a map of used titles for the different types of elements. It will always get incremented title of the last used so that the titles it resurnes are unique.

Add a keyPresed() method that fires an RENAME_RESOURCE event to the resources palette items that listens for F2 pressed. Handling it will be trivial. Show an string input and change the title of the selected item. The best way to get it is to give it as param of the RENAME_RESOURCE event.

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by mira

  • Status changed from s2a_design_started to s2b_design_finished

Along with those things while implementing several things were fixed - the references that link actions hold are now relative to them. For this to work with copy of a resource I made an interface - ResourceRefHolder. It is used by the changer to get all held references by an immutable and rewrite them according to the new location of the resource.

I also removed the KEY_CONTAINER_BOOK since this logic broke when an book with script was saved and loaded - it still held reference to the old "mem" book. It is now made to always use its parent book.

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by mira

  • Status changed from s2b_design_finished to s2c_design_ok

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by mira

  • Owner set to mira
  • Status changed from s2c_design_ok to s3a_implementation_started
  • Imp._owners set to mira
  • Analysis_reviewers set to mira

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by mira

  • Status changed from s3a_implementation_started to s3b_implementation_finished

It is commited in the private branch - /mira/resourcesTitle
revisions - [7219], [7231] and [7237].
The middle one has merge with the trunk in it. sorry

comment:9 Changed 11 years ago by meddle

  • Status changed from s3b_implementation_finished to s3c_implementation_ok
  • Analysis_score changed from 0 to 3.5
  • Imp._reviewers set to meddle, todor
  • Design_score changed from 0 to 3.5
  • Design_reviewers set to meddle
  • Imp._score changed from 0 to 3.5

Merged to the trunk at [7293]... I don't like multiple bugfixing in one ticket and you know it, the selection when clicking in the palette will be in another ticket, and the 'equals' calling rule!

3.5p (100m)

comment:10 Changed 11 years ago by vanya

  • Status changed from s3c_implementation_ok to closed
  • Test_owners set to vanya
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Test_score changed from 0 to 4
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.