Ticket #2334 (closed unplanned_task: obsolete)

Opened 9 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

SERVER_DATABASE_PERSISTENCE

Reported by: meddle Owned by: meddle
Priority: major Milestone: X3
Component: S2S_PERSISTENCE Version: 2.0
Keywords: Cc:
Category: unknown Effort:
Importance: Ticket_group:
Estimated Number of Hours: 0 Add Hours to Ticket: 0
Billable?: yes Total Hours: 0
Analysis_owners: meddle Design_owners: meddle, mira, tsachev
Imp._owners: meddle, mira, tsachev Test_owners:
Analysis_reviewers: kyli Changelog: Changelog
Design_reviewers: pap, kyli Imp._reviewers: deyan, todor, pap, kyli
Test_reviewers: Analysis_score: 4
Design_score: 4 Imp._score: 3.5
Test_score: 0

Change History

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by meddle

  • Status changed from new to s1a_analysis_started

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by meddle

  • Status changed from s1a_analysis_started to s1b_analysis_finished

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by kyli

  • Status changed from s1b_analysis_finished to s1c_analysis_ok
  • Analysis_reviewers set to kyli
  • Analysis_score changed from 0 to 4
  • Good and detailed analysis.
  • The requirements are a bit technical, but the task is technical itself :)
  • About "Create a good database schema for storing the resources and the history" - maybe you should define "a good database schema".
  • If you intend to test the collaboration with the new database, it would be cool to post the result from the tests - I think they may help the s2.x and s2.text teams, since the collaboration is rarely tested during integration and probably most of the bugs there are not reported.

4p.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by meddle

  • Design_owners set to meddle, mira, tsachev
  • Status changed from s1c_analysis_ok to s2a_design_started

And taking for a long, long design...

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by meddle

  • Status changed from s2a_design_started to s2b_design_finished
  • Changelog set to [wiki:Changelog]

... and finally finishing...

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by pap

  • Status changed from s2b_design_finished to s2c_design_ok
  • Design_score changed from 0 to 4
  • Design_reviewers set to pap, kyli
  • We generally get the idea of the design. Maybe it will be sufficient for the current and future needs of Sophie2.
  • As far as we understood it will not be hard to changed the DBMS without changes to sophie's logic.
  • We find it hard to answer the questions before seeing the implementation.
  • We find some part of methods/classes/hierarchies too complicated.
  • We find some of the Mapper implementations a bit confusing as they only map the first column. Maybe we need another mapper that maps columns. :)
  • Last but not least .... English. We know that it is not your strong side but sometimes it makes reviewing quite hard as language-related mistakes distract the reader from his/her main job.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by meddle

  • Status changed from s2c_design_ok to s3a_implementation_started
  • Imp._owners set to meddle, mira, tsachev
  • About the last point -> If the reader has psychological problems related to linguistics, grammar and stuff not related to nature science, it is his/her problem, I am mathematician and musician, not writer... Everyone has some skills, even I don't have some... When you learn to play guitar for example I will learn to speak/write fluent English, take it as a challenge if you want, I will fulfill my part... The design is clear, that is what is important, the other stuff is demotivating for me to continue writing complex and long designs, so I will stop if persist writing stuff like that, but then who will write good designs? Answer this question yourself, I have pride, and there is reason I have this pride.
  • About the other things... They are meaningful, but the implementation in the branch is ready, there are just some bugs, so you can see it and answer the questions, you can share ideas with me.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by mira

  • Status changed from s3a_implementation_started to s3b_implementation_finished

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by pap

  • Status changed from s3b_implementation_finished to s3c_implementation_ok
  • Imp._score changed from 0 to 3.5
  • Imp._reviewers set to deyan, todor, pap, kyli
  • The task was commited in [8789].
  • Most of the thigs seem with good quality.
  • During review the ServerResourceHelpers were made to use the extension point/extension mechanism.
  • Actually it turned out that the current ServerResourceHelperDBImpl is hard bound to use H2 DB. We need to fix this relatively soon (before the end of the server project - in order to have nicer architecture when we say the server is here and ready). So please schedule that.
  • Also the persistence/db persistence distribution across modules should be designed better. I think this can be done when implementing differen DBMS usage ability as these are connected.
  • There are also some user-related problems that have already been defined as ticketes
    • #2362 - deleting a book through web interface
    • #2363 - deleting a frame while moving it (two collaborators)
    • #2364 - problems with location channel for server books
    • #2365 - connections and server resources palettes don't refresh properly

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by meddle

  • Cc mira, meddle removed

comment:11 Changed 8 years ago by meddle

  • Status changed from s3c_implementation_ok to closed
  • Resolution set to obsolete

Closing all the tickets before M Y1

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.