wiki page: BASE_MODEL_TEMPLATING_R0 - effort: 1d
This task is about all the common things of templates and templating. Generally we have templates for books, pages and frames and the model should be able to manage them.
- Common things about templates should be extracted in a class hierarchy.
- This includes base classes.
- Helper classes.
- Storage of templates.
- Template resources.
- A mechanism for template manipulation should be designed:
- creating templates.
- deleting templates.
- loading templates.
- storing templates.
- changing templates.
- Consider creating a TemplateManager if needed. This is somethings that is analogous to the BookResourceManager but is quite different on the other hand:
- It is global and is defined for every App (not Book as is the BookResourceManager).
- It should be able to manage all kinds of templates.
- Provide diagrams of the class hierarchy and utilities to manage templates.
- Since this is a one day effort task, a thorough design with diagrams should be enough to start with.
- If there is time left, implement what has been decided and write unit tests.
- wiki content.
- (source code with integration tests if there is time to do it.)
- Review the related tasks.
- Design the way templates are going to be managed by the model.
- Create diagrams and give explanations of the things that are decided.
- (Implement and test if there is time left.)
How to demo
- Show the wiki and explain in general the idea.
- (run unit tests if such have resulted).
(Implementation results should be described and linked here (from the wiki or the repository))
(Write comments for this or later revisions here.)